Location: Muscat, Oman
Scope of Engagement:
- Measurement of a complicated business interruption loss for a group of luxury hotels as a result of damage sustained in Cyclone Gonu.
- In excess of US$3,500,000
Unique Aspects of Engagement:
- Calculated the business interruption loss for 3 separate hotels of varying luxury;
- Projected without loss sales with limited historical information (hotels had only recently began operations);
- Accounted for 2 separate repair phases during which the facilities were inoperable;
- Identified and quantified significant underinsurance.