Location: Yellowknife, Canada
Scope of Engagement:
- Flooding of underground diamond mine led to a claimed business interruption loss;
- Measurement of lost sales and corresponding gross profit.
- Claim withdrawn after C. Lewis & Company assessment
- Identified that the insured had not considered actual operating results during the reported loss period;
- Visited the insured’s underground diamond ice mine in order to better understand the unique mining process.
Location: Iquique, Chile
- Earthquake damage prevented access to large open-pit copper mine;
- Measurement of ensuing business interruption loss.
- In excess of US$60 million
- Calculation of lost work-in-process which included damaged bio-lixiviation piles with 500-day production cycles.